Successful Brands Are Built On Authentic Pillars.
Here’s How I’ve Built My Own.
- Re-branded Ortho as an independent brand carved out from Johnson & Johnson.
- Launched new ETS products Revised GRE, HiSET, and TOEFL Junior.
- Trained international stakeholders on the new brand guidelines for Ortho and ETS.
- Conducted brand reviews on all work executed by the in-house team and external agencies.
- Served as point of contact, globally, for all brand issues and assets. Worked with legal to protect corporate and product trademarks.
- Authored brand guidelines for agency clients as well as brands I personally championed.
- Launched new products and brands for AT&T, Refron, Maxim Group, Spirits Unlimited, FoodTown and DuPont.
- Developed C-suite presentations to communicate corporate vision and reporting to employees, investors, media, customers and key opinion leaders.
“Rob worked side-by-side with me to meet the ever changing brand building and lead generation needs of my companies. I could always count on Rob to strategize and brainstorm with me as a business associate—something I find very rare in a Creative Director.”
- Garnered hundreds of awards for my own creative execution and brand building efforts as well as those of the teams I've led.
- Worked with my management team on process revisions that resulted in zero published errors year after year.
- Served as founder and partner of a successful full-service marketing and creative agency.
- Authored articles for trade publications on production techniques as well as brand building perspectives.
- Developed diverse hands-on skills to produce the work I create.
- Mentored staff to go on to their own successful leadership roles.
- Created strategies and tactics for a wide range of clients in almost every medium imaginable.
- Designed packaging systems for various clients that resulted in zero errors when filling orders and eliminated costly returns.
“Rob has the wonderful ability to motivate and inspire his team. He is among those rare individuals who truly excel at both the 'creative' and 'director' in their title.”
Proof Points ▼
- Reimagined how Ortho handled end-to-end customer communications around issues awareness and resolution.
- Developed a vision for ETS Endorsement Branding. Strategized how ETS could engage Endorsement Branding relationships.
- Helped define both Ortho’s and ETS’s RFP response mechanism, setting the standard of quality for templates to be used globally.
- Brainstormed strategy and tactics for the GRE Business School Attack Plan—resulting in 1,000+ business schools now accepting GRE scores.
- Received the Dale Carnegie Innovation Award as voted by my peers.
- Collaborated on global websites as a key member of the leadership team, working within an Agile methodology while assuring 508 compliance.
- Received the Ortho Leadership Award for increasing Ortho’s brand consistency worldwide.
“He understands marketing and its inherent effective on the target audience (he can write a better creative brief than most marketing people) ... has a deeply-rooted creative sense that includes copy as well as art, and is dedicated to fostering growth and productivity within the work environment.”
Proof Points ▼
- Helped stand up the Ortho global brand as a senior leader without staff—only supplemental agency assistance.
- Directed a team as large as thirty-five designers, editorial staff, video producers, and project planners.
- Managed a budget of $4MM that included staffing, professional development, training, conferences, vendors, supplies and the overall marketing spend for product strategic business units ending the fiscal year under budget with a variance of less than 5%.
- Annually set department objectives, conducted staff reviews and established development plans.
- Wrote, vetted and socialized in-house department SLAs.
- Conducted RFPs for various vendors including photographers, agencies, printers, premiums suppliers and fulfillment houses.
- Managed client and vendor relationships for my own agency and organizations I worked for.
“He understands the value of the creative process, inspires and empowers his designers and writers to achieve their best work, and does a great job working with his clients to ensure their objectives are being met.”
Proof Points ▼